Routing workflows enable businesses to create personalized journeys for their customers. Here’s how to create a routing workflow for a customer's chat request.
- Select Create new flow from the Routing > Flows menu.
- Enter a friendly label for the flow in the top left corner of the screen — for example, "Chat Routing."
- A “Start” node will appear on the screen; this is where the flow execution will begin. To begin creating a routing workflow, connect the Start node to a component from the left side of the screen.
- Drag and drop the Business Hours component onto the canvas. When a component is placed on the canvas it becomes a node. Drag a line from the Start node's Incoming Chat box to the Business Hours node. From the pop-up menu, select the business hours to be used in routing decisions. The drop-down will include the Business Hours that you set on Routings > Business Hours.
Once you select the business hours, click Validate.
- Next, drag Queue and Route from the list of components onto the canvas and draw a line from the Time Zones box to the Business Hours node.
The Queue and Route node requires that you specify three configuration settings: a queue, a channel (chat in this case), and a team to route the customer chat to.
- Queue settings — Select one of the queues from the routing queues drop-down.
- Channels — Configure a timeout for the incoming chat, compose a message for customers before an agent is assigned, and compose a message for customers when an agent joins the chat.
- Route and Assign — Choose which team will handle requests from this queue.
- If a customer chat arrives outside of the operating business hours you specify, you can ensure that the customer receives a response message. Drag the Send Chat component onto the canvas, and in the pop-up menu that appears, type the message you want your customers to see. Drag a line from the Business Hours node's to “No Match” box to the Send Chat node to connect them.
- Once you've finished your flow, you can save it as a draft or publish it directly. If you save it as a draft, you’ll be able to make changes to it in the event of a final review. If you publish it, it will be available to be associated with a number.
- To assign the flow to a chat application, go to Channels > Chat. Click on the name of the chat application, then under General select the flow from the Associated Routing Workflow drop-down.