Setting up Customer Journeys via Routing Workflows allow businesses to build customized journeys for their customers. In this article we’ll highlight how to set up a routing workflow for a customer's call.
- Navigate to Routing > Workflows and select Create new flow.
- You can title the flow in the top left hand corner of the screen, “Call Routing” for example.
- A starting node will appear on the screen, this is where the PHLO execution will begin, to connect the starting node to another, browse the menu on the left hand side which include Voice, Messaging, Chat, and Functions.
- Drag and drop Business Hours from the Functions menu to ensure the customer request is within your operating business hours. Drag a line from the Incoming Call box of the starting node and connect it to the Business Hours node, you can then select the business hours to be used in the routing decisions in the pop up menu.
- The next step is to Queue and Route the customer, drag this option from the Voice menu onto the screen and connect it to the Business hours node. In the pop up menu you can select a Queue, (link to queue article) a channel (voice in this case), and the team who will manage requests from this queue.
- In the Channel menu, you’ll be able to set a timeout for the call, add a waiting prompt that the customer will hear before being connected. If you’d like to add music or additional audio messages, click Add Audio Prompt and choose an audio file to upload. You can then choose the number of times the audio is played, or if you’d like to loop the audio until timeout.
- If a customer calls outside the operating business hours you have selected, you can ensure the customers hear a voice message of your choosing. Drag the Play Audio option from the Voice menu and attach this node to the No Match box of the Business Hours Node. In the pop up menu you can compose the message you would like your customers to hear, and similarly upload any other Audio Prompts.
- Once you have completed your flow, you can Save as Draft, or directly Publish the flow. Back in the Flows menu, you can associate a phone number with this flow by clicking the three dots next to the published flow, and selecting Manage phone numbers. This menu will also allow you to duplicate or delete the flow entirely.